**** Gimbal/Camera NOT INCLUDED **** The SIYI A8 Mini can be purchased HERE
This is a kit for installing the SIYI A8 Mini gimbal/camera on a 3DR Solo. It is completely Plug and Play. There is a script in the Solex firmware page for installing the necessary firmware with the correct settings to control the gimbal and camera using the Solo controller and Solex.
1. Wire Harness to plug into the Solo gimbal wire
2. HDMI Extension Ribbon Cable 100mm
3. Gimbal Plate for mounting SIYI A8 Mini
4. Mounting Screws
1. Remove the 3 screws that attach the gimbal and carefully unplug the wire harness and HDMI cable,
2. Install the SIYI gimbal rubber damping balls into the provided holes on the new Gimbal Plate. Looping them with a small string or wire helps to get them in the holes. See this video
for a demonstration.
3. Attach the two small white connectors on the new wire harness to the gimbal and insert the larger connector into the hole in the gimbal plate.
4. Put the new HDMI ribbon cable through the hole in the gimbal plate and plug the angled end into the HDMI port of the gimbal.
5. Holding the gimbal near the Solo, plug the new HDMI ribbon cable into the original HDMI cable on the Solo, and plug the new gimbal wire harness into the Solo gimbal wire harness.
6. Put the Gimbal Plate in place arranging all wires so that they are not blocking the gimbal plate from going into place.
7. Install the 3 screws provided in the kit.
8. Continue to the software portion of the installation.
1. Connect as usual to Solex.
2. Follow the instructions for installing Open Solo 4 found here
except when installing the Copter file use the file named "Open Solo 4.0.0 Clean Install (Copter-4.3.5-SIYI).zip"
Note: If the Controller is already running Open Solo 4 you only need to run the Copter file mentioned above. Give the copter at least 10 minutes to complete.